Sunday, September 28, 2008

Checking In: 2nd Week of Treadmill Working

My treadmill squeaks! It's really annoying and I'm hoping to have a tech guy here sometime soon to figure out what's up with that. Maybe it just needs oil or something. I noticed my parents' treadmill (same Nordictrack brand) does the same thing and I just never noticed before. And I wish it were easier to turn the thing on and off...but otherwise, it's awesome as ever. I haven't been eating very well recently so I'm not expecting any weight loss right away but I can feel that I've been working out my leg muscles and such. Certainly all my students dropping by my office have found it interesting. And all the ladies in the main office were jabbering on about needing a fitness room (and a bathroom since the nearest one is across the building) in the office.

On a sad note, someone stole my bicycle a week and a half ago. I've had that bicycle for at least seven years now and my stainless steel water bottle was in the holder and the bike had all my cool bumper stickers on it (including Obama '08 and Globalize Human Rights and Are You Good for the Environment) and now I can't get to my class from work without sneaking out early and hightailing it back afterwards. I felt really crummy about going to campus for a while afterward. Like someone had walked by and spit on me...Why would they steal my bike anyway? I don't think it's worth anything.

No comments: